Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Siege - 100th Day!

Really?!

I'm not sure if I'm more shocked that I've been hanging out at home this long... or that I've gotten this behind on my blog.  (Who am I kidding?  Only the length of my home-stay is surprising.)

So... 100 days, huh?

Well, I've gotten some reading done.  Some writing - though less than I planned.  Listened to pod casts and watched surprisingly few TV shows or movies.  Eaten surprisingly many homegrown tomatoes.  Sewn some face masks, the latest with cute pink flamingos on it.  I've built a lot on Minecraft.  Drawn a few things.  And I've learned A LOT about epidemiology and systemic racism.

Hermit energy.

Now I have, actually, left the house during this time: lots of walks; less than weekly trips to the grocery; two Home Depot runs; one art-supply visit to Hobby Lobby and one curb pick-up from Asel Art; a handful of restaurant takeout trips; four meals outdoors! in a park or on a restaurant patio; one business meeting; and one, today, a just-gotta-see-inside-a-bookstore treat to Half Price Books (which made it feel safe with few people, lots of space, lots of masks.) Oh! and a crazy-exciting drop off at the hazardous waste / electronic recycling dump.  Wild times.

So let's round that off to about 20 outside the house trips in 100 days.

I'm not going to break the Count of Monte Cristo's record on solitude... but it still seems like a loooong quiet year so far.


Photo from The Count of Monte Cristo film of 1913 - public domain

No comments:

Post a Comment