Monday, August 17, 2020

Siege - Day 155

Time... well, it sorta stutters past these days.  

If it passes at all.  A time-vortex maybe?

A day?  Poof!.  A week, however, can trudge on and on and endlessly on, malingering, unrelenting, until grudgingly slumping on into a Friday afternoon.  Months?  Poof!  This whole year though?  

Here's an illustration of this year: I had a crown fall off of a tooth a few weeks ago and the dentist re-glued it into place saying, "There!  That'll last twenty years!"  Yesterday was the twenty year anniversary - because it popped right back off.  So that's (does math) about five years to a week?  So 2020 is basically unfolding in Dog Years?!

2020 is Dog Years plus dental work?  

Of course it is.

Public domain images messed with

Meanwhile, inside my time vortexing studio I've been finding it hard to be productive.  So I reread Austin Kleon's Keep Going for advice.   And I did start reading a new novel; restart listening to Master Classes (David Sedaris now); did start redesigning and redrafting plans for a pump house (which need finishing!); did start swimming more (need more exercise! it improves health and mood); I'm doing serious thinking about one show...  I started generally trying to Buck Up and Get Things Done.  

Also I cut back on reading the news.  Started planning a vacation.  I need a vacation.

If you're having the same time and motivation troubles try that Keep Going book - it helps - and do something, anything, productive, even if it's just clearing off your desk.


ADDENDUM:  Ha!  I'm not the only sufferer, Austin Kleon talks about this too (more eloquently) in a recent post HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment