Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Siege - Day 115

A shout-out to the artists you discover as you research for your own design work!

Most recently I discovered the Gee's Bend quilt makers and their incredible abstract compositions.  Just wonderful unexpected colors and slightly "off" geometries that make them, I think, paragons of quilts... rivaling anything the abstract painters have done.  Inspiring.  I discovered them during research for my last show, Alabaster, set in rural Alabama - a show steeped in folk art of a different style, but the quilts inspired our scenic colors and attitude.

Learn more HERE at Gee's Bend Quiltmakers: Souls Grown Deep.

Gee's Bend quilt - fair use of this image, I think 

And my other oft repeated how-could-I-forget-this?! discovery of the poems of Billy Collins:

"...The silence of the falling vase
before it strikes the floor..."

I found myself in the little hours, still reading in a cooled bath tub...  Wonderful stuff.

More HERE  at allpoetry.com


No comments:

Post a Comment