Thursday, March 19, 2020

Siege - Day #3

Well, yesterday was weird.  

I had a doctor's appointment.  Traffic was strangely light for a Wednesday afternoon.  All the parking lots I passed - retail or business office - were almost empty.  It was like an early Sunday morning.  At the medical office building, which is next door to a hospital, the parking lot was pretty full but (are you sitting down?) there were empty spaces near the door.  No valet parkers standing near their podium - because they were sitting inside, wearing protective gear and masks, next to the biggest bottle of sanitizer gel ever.  No one waiting for an elevator, but another bottle of sanitized hung by the buttons.  (I took the hint.)  No one in the upper lobby.  Only two patients in the waiting room.  (We gave each other 12 feet of separation.)  All the office staff was discussing was the virus.  

Then a perfectly normal doctor consultation.  (Knee problems I thought were due to theater wear n' tear up and down ladders etc. but turns out to be arthritis, yea!)  Much washing and decontaminating once I got home.

Tell you what...  I won't be moseying near medical places voluntarily again anytime soon.

Today is, so far, more washing and decontaminating, doing normal laundry plus clearing off much-used surfaces so they can be scrubbed more easily, more frequently.  And I'm trying to create a sort of Virus Mitigation Chamber in the front hall - just to keep all the cooties in one place.  A place to store things like briefcases and outdoor shoes and jackets and to wash down and power up phones and such.  (I haven't quite gotten to the wipe-down-all-groceries stage of paranoia but I'm sure I'll get there.)

Hark! The dryer is singing its chirpy little clothes-all-dry! tune...

On the theater business front the only action is on Facebook 'cause everything is canceled.  

Except taxes.  And distractions from taxes...

I work using the messy-desk/more ideas system.

General feeling on FB is that there might be the possibility of shows in September - maybe.  I have Young Frankenstein to read for then so - who knows? - maybe it'll still happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment