Monday, January 23, 2023

Cool Vids About Theater Set and Architecture Design



Here's a series of videos I've found while researching info for my set design apprentices on the topic of : "Plans!  How and Why... and What Are They!"  (I joke, but seriously, floor plans are so fundamental to understanding, designing, and documenting a set design... why is there so little explanation available?)

Here's a wonderful explanation of a clever and charming set by designer Wendy Todd.  It has nothing to do with plan drawing, but is just wonderfulness:

Here's one of my favorite architectural explainers, Stewart Hicks, talking about plans:

And here's a face new to me (30 x 40 Design Workshop) with a good discussion of the architectural design process - notice how his drawings morph from rough and schematic, to precise and more real-world.  Note the use of my favorite Tracing Paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment