Friday, September 18, 2020

Siege - Day 187 Little Things...

 A scattershot kind of entry here, a few little things going on... some of them even theatrical!

1)  Kitchen Dog Theater is planning a sort of drive-in cabaret, so I got to lay out my very first auto-parking "seating" plan!  Unique in my experience.  I'll pass on details and dates of this show as I learn them.  I'd say, "save the date" but, really, where else were you going to go?

Car Cabaret.  Sounds fun.

2)  Yesterday was North Texas Giving Day, when charitable contributions get multiplied by extra matching funds.  If you missed it though, I'm absolutely sure the recipients of your generosity today will still be very very grateful.  Your favorite theater, dance troupe, museum, or any other arts group would love the support in this difficult year.  And I know the food banks need help.

3)  Patio Dining - Texas weather is cooling down (though the virus is heating up a little), so patio dining is the way to go out!  I got to eat pizza hot, hot from the oven.  Fantastic.

4)  I found this video HERE at Craft in America about artist Yoshiko Yamamoto.  She makes beautiful blockprints using a blend of traditional Japanese hand craft and western printing press techniques to create nature inspired prints in a style influenced by the Arts and Crafts movement.  

5)  I also found this funny and helpful video by Struthless titled "The Drawing Advice That Change My Life":


Some helpful ideas for those of us struggling with motivation and direction during these weird times.  Plus pretty dang funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment