Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Siege - Days 28 and 29

In a funny mood here...

Pretty much sick of my own cooking, but can't muster the energy to go out for or send out for someone else's... it'll get cold and unappealing... it doesn't even sound appealing...and don't know what I want anyway...

Yet the last couple days of quarantine have been just fine: fighting an epic and successful battle against aphids to save my little eggplants (soapy water rules!); coming up with a possible elevation for an imaginary beach house (and after I swore never to use a rain screen too); surviving on Minecraft in a hostile world; surviving yet another struggle with the growing bamboo (if it quit raining it would quit growing); and battling successfully with the Social Security website until they were forced to let me sign in!!!

If that's not success, what is?

Still I feel... 

....How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable
seem to me all the uses of this world!
Fie on't!  O fie! 'tis an unweeded garden,
That grows to seed...


Public domain weed

Tomorrow I'll see the the beauty in it again - just this minute I just see the weeds.

I would love to just go out to dinner, you know?




No comments:

Post a Comment