Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Siege - Days 21 and 22

Tomatoes!

A tiny handfull of tiny tiny green cherry tomatoes.

What else?  

The last two days have been mostly doing architecture.  First an online continuing credit course - Texas requires 12 credits a year to maintain an architect's license.  So, after only one solid hour, I'm now just a little bit of an expert on Rust!

Public domain image

Second?  I've been designing a few floor plans for a basement renovation.  Mostly just to establish that everything the client desires can, indeed, fit in, and also to start establishing a budget for construction.  Except for adding a window and a bathroom - which requires experts and permits - the rest of the work could probably be home handiman-ed I think.

Designing floor plans is fun.  And frustrating.  I swear, the architects of the Great Pyramid or the Louvre* must - like every other architect ever! - have gotten to that sticking point where you need just one more inch to make this thing work...

Public domain images mashed

Theater work is in abeyance just at present.  But a kind theater friend made and mailed me a cloth coronavirus mask with Minecraft themed fabric.  Friends are great!





*Architects Hemiunu and Pierre Lescot through I. M. Pei respectively (I. M. Pei designed the Louvre's glass pyramid).


No comments:

Post a Comment