Friday, April 3, 2020

Siege - Day # 18 Friday!

Why is Friday still a thrill when there's no practical difference between week and weekend any more?  

Curious.

Since Dallas has just been put into lockdown until May 20th... I'll have lots of Fridays to consider this question.

Yeesh.

Today my officemate had to go into his, like, actual not home office for a few hours.  Before I let him back in I almost made him sand himself down in the Virus Mitigation Chamber that was once our front hall.  Much decontaminating ensued.

(Now we'll wait two weeks to see if it worked 😁)

Also on the coronavirus front, I finished my first two cloth face masks.  By hand, because my sewing machine is broken.  We've only recently started wearing masks when going out, but the couple of paper masks I had left over from hospital visits months ago aren't supposed to be reusable - and aren't cleanable.  

There IS a theater connection to all this... I'm will be making masks from scraps of fabrics used on sets.  Ha!  (Especially looking forward to the future pineapple print mask.)  But the first two masks recycle an old shirt whose embroidery I like - mine's the fancy embroidered mask (why not?) the other wearer's is just plain.  The elastic cord comes from lanyards that once held credentials for an architectural convention. 


I'm using (more or less) a Japanese pattern from off the internet HERE.  There's also a no-sew, pleated version HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment