Sunday, March 22, 2020

Siege - Day #6

This is very strange...

For days - longer - I've been impatient that Texas authorities didn't seem to understand the seriousness of the coronavirus situation.  I've been, mostly, staying home myself and reading too much about Italy and to me the danger was clear:  Dallas County has 2.7 million people and, because of Texas' policies, 10% of those people have no health insurance. 

Potential disaster.

We got a heads up that the governor of Texas had a 3:00 public announcement... fifteen minutes late... and I really suspect that in those fifteen minutes businesses talked him into stepping back from the shelter-in-place order he had prepared.

So Dallas County ordered shelter-in-place instead.

And now that I got what I am convinced we need... I feel oddly shaken.  This is going to be bad.  So bad.

Good thing I planted tomatoes this morning.


public domain image


Well, those luscious tomatoes above are what I'm aiming for.  This is what I've got so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment