But, on the way, I need to do some errands to:
1) The copy place, for an enlargement of an Irish newspaper header page, to top my stacks of Dallas Morning Newses with. (Even onstage newspapers get costumes.)
2) The dollar store, for cheap mats-of-plastic-foliage to put in rain troughs to "tune" the sound of falling water into a proper "rain" sound instead of the present water-on-water splash that's more like "pee."
3) Also more moss - to make more fake "peat" for this Irish fire.
4) The art/craft store, for spray wood-stain to "age" my '50s fabric sink-skirt, which is looking too pale under the stage lights, plus, if I can find any, fake spider webs left over from Halloween to show that these characters don't dust much.
5) My grocery store, for plastic "butcher-block" stickem paper for a kitchen counter top and also a mouse trap to put under the refrigerator.
The audience notices details...
public domain image courtesy of reusableart.com