Friday, November 11, 2011

Film Fest - Harry Potter

In honor of the latest and last Harry Potter film coming out on DVD, I'm watching the whole series.

It's rather impressive to watch the films one after the other (one a night) and to feel the cumulative effect of the story.  Rather fascinating to see the young actors grow up before your eyes.

Tonight was the third film, The Prisoner of Azkaban.  This may be my favorite.  It's tone is distinctly darker, marked by the introduction of the Dementors, as well as two of my favorite characters: Professor Lupin and Sirius Black.  It also has one of the funniest scenes in the series - the inflation of the visiting Aunt.

Poster image borrowed from U4posters.com

I'm a fan of the Harry Potter books and films.  Classics, I think.  For anyone who hasn't yet read the last book or seen the last film, here's my spoiler free reaction to seeing it back in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment