Monday, August 15, 2011

Drowned In Work

When I first started in architecture, I thought my bosses couldn't schedule an umbrella on a rainy day!  We were always either drowning in a downpour of due-dates or parched for work.  Why couldn't these bosses see a storm or drought coming?  How could it be that hard?

Nowadays, I schedule myself - and in theater, mainly, where Opening days don't change (unlike architecture where a project may get put in the drawer for a year or two, which tends to mess up scheduling).  But STILL I get unexpectedly soaked.  This week I'm like the pedestrian walking through a heavy rain with a teeny tiny umbrella... as a big truck passes... splashing through the flooded gutter next to me, drenching me in its spray!
public domain images from http://www.reusableart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment