Friday, April 26, 2024

Alice Through the Proscenium - Second Edition is OUT!

 


Toot-toot-toot!

Finally!  My second edition of Alice Through the Proscenium is for sale.  (I'm still wrestling with distribution through Amazon etc. but the publisher is now, um, publishing.)

This updated and expanded edition adds a new Case Study, following the full process of Kitchen Dog Theater's production of Alabaster by Audrey Cefaly.  I've also added information on topics I knew little about when writing the first edition, like all the various proscenium stage drapes or working with projections.  This new version includes color photos so is a bit more expensive (sorry), but I'm keeping the older, skinnier, cheaper version alive for the desperately budget-pinched.  

(One nice side effect of including a few color photos though is that now the hand-drawn color wheel illustration is in color!  Woah!)

You can buy Alice 2 at the Lulu Publishing bookstore HERE.

Side note: On Monday I was very excited to receive from The Live Theatre League of Tarrant County an award for Design and Technical Excellence!  Really pleased!

But, in introducing me, my introducer (another thrill, because it was the very distinguished Harry Parker, who said nice things) also told the world that Alice's second edition is OUT! 

Addendum: In his introduction he urged the audience to buy it, saying, "It's funny and I learned things."  Which, frankly, should be on the book's dust jacket... if it had a dust jacket... 

No comments:

Post a Comment