Saturday, March 6, 2021

New Leaf Turned

 Another fresh green blog post!  Woohoo!

I thought I'd show you this theater work in Sketchup - a (complicated!) 3D model for the old version of that hypnosis show.  Done in a steampunk style, which is rather fun to design!



(This is a not-quite-complete model.)  Note that the central 'droid face was... interesting... to learn to draw.  I have to say that this project is improving my Sketchup skills!

For this particular client the 3D model is essential - 2D drawings just don't communicate well for them.  And, though a physical model would also work, they prefer computer graphics stylistically and, since there have been more changes than with some shows, now, for this job, I prefer CAD too!  It is somewhat easier to modify.  (Mind you, the weird way these CAD models can stretch like taffy while making changes needs a little adjusting to... after the first freakout!)

I did say my Sketchup skills were improving, yes?


No comments:

Post a Comment