Sunday, May 17, 2020

Siege - Days 59, 60, 61, and ... wait for it... 62

Ouch.  That's a lotta days in seclusion.

Actually - and this could change without notice! - I'm feeling okay with my sequestration right now.  Texas' statewide stay-at-home order and perforce Dallas County's orders have now expired so, theoretically, it's the wild west all over again.  But prudent people - who can - are staying home anyway.

That's me.

(Though I did, daringly, eat lunch Monday at an outdoor terrace restaurant.  Great burger!  But nerve-racking.  Won't repeat anytime soon.)

So, you know, mostly hanging at home.  And okay with that.  A friend used the phrase "hermit energy" to describe this state. That's perfect.  That's what I feel.

So I'm hermiting... which turns out to be rather scholarly.  A couple architectural continuing ed. seminars.  And, as I mentioned in the last post, I signed up for those Masterclasses you've seen advertised and have been enjoying them.  First listen was architect Frank Gehry - very good, very personal and honest.  Second, and even more useful to me at this moment, was writer Neil Gaiman.  Surprisingly indepth, with good illustrations of his points using his work.   (All ones I've read before - big fan.)  There's a lot of information, including a workbook, so it's taken me a few days to get through it all.  Now I'm listening to a quite different writer, Dan Brown, whose thrillers I've read several of... who hasn't?  Completely different experience to Gaiman's, but equally earnest about helping the aspiring writer with useful suggestions.  My goal with all this is primarily to improve my writing, but I plan to listen to as many and as varied presenters as I can find time for in the next year.


Otherwise, I'm working on a huge, overly-ambitious map for an upcoming birthday...

And two ripe cherry tomatoes!


A teeny, tiny cherry tomato salad - mozzerella bocconcini, small basil leaf, teeny tiny cherry tomato


No comments:

Post a Comment